Because Structure Matters
Organization structure is more than the boxes and lines on an organization chart. A well designed structure will define the formal authority and accountabilities exercised by people in those roles. It will be aligned with the work processes that operate across roles. And it clearly profiles the informal relationships which fill the empty spaces outside the boxes. In short, organizational structure matters – shaping every decision, process and goal in a company.
Common problems in organization design include
- Slow decision making and inability to execute effectively
- Lagging organizational performance as compared to peers
- Inability to drive innovation and anticipate customer demands
- Faltering employee engagement
- Excessive turnover of key high potential employees
At OrgMetrix we help leaders use organization design and talent analytic tools to find and fix problems of structure and strategy implementation. To help our clients visualize the inter-relating parts of their organization, we use a robust data visualization and modeling tool from Orgvue. Pulling data from finance, HR, and operations, we are able to glean new workforce insights, model different business scenarios and implement organizational change faster.